Prof. Dr. Christian Scheideler
4 lectures per week in
area III (Theoretical Computer Science)
advanced course, topic algorithms
- Time and Place:
Wed 14:15 - 15:45, lecture hall MI HS 3
Fri 12:00 - 13:30, lecture hall MI HS 2
- Course Certificate:
To get a course certificate students muss pass the exams.
See the German webpage for details.
2 hours per week central exercises accompanying the lectures
Teaching Assistant: Jonas Pfoh
graduate students of computer science
students with computer science as minor
- ECTS: 8 points
1st and 2nd year courses
- Recommended for:
In-depth knowledge in topic Algorithms
The course will focus on the following topics:
- Models for distributed algorithms and data structures
- Network theory
- Routing and scheduling
- Hashing and caching
- The continuous-discrete approach
- Supervised overlay networks
- Decentralized overlay networks
- Anycasting and multicasting
- Searching and sorting
- Self-stabilizing overlay networks
- Self-preserving overlay networks
- Overlay networks for wireless systems
- Logical networks for configware
- Related and Advanced Lectures:
An advanced lecture is planned.
- Lecture Notes:
See the German version of the webpage. All lecture notes are in English.
Programs will be written in C++ using the Subjects environment that
can be downloaded below.
- Assignments (in German):
The course is based on recent conference publications. References
will be given in the lecture notes.
- Office Hours: